Key section 2: Specific requirements for working with us
In addition to how you handle documents you receive from us, we have specific requirements around how you work with us.
To make these requirements easy to understand and follow, we’ve written up a list of actions below that you need to follow at all times as you work with us.
Failure to comply here will result in an investigation and corrective actions that may include the termination of your LSA.
Please select whether you’re a freelance translator or specialist agency from the drop-down menus below:
Key section 3: Our password policy
1. General advice and guidance
We strongly advise adhering to the following advice and guidance for your passwords on Lingo24 systems.
Do not share your passwords with others. It may sound obvious, but you should never share your password with other people – no matter who they are.
Use a password generator. It can be difficult to think of ways to create new passwords, and humans are generally bad at creating random data. Using a password generator is an easy way to quickly create new passwords that meet required policies.
Use a password manager. Managing multiple passwords is difficult, especially when they are generated randomly. Using a password manager to store passwords removes the need to remember passwords, or create a personal “scheme” for meeting password requirements (e.g. replacing “E” with “3”, “S” with “5”, etc.), which doesn’t offer much additional security.
Use multi-factor authentication when available. If the system you are using supports multi-factor authentication you should consider turning it on. Additional authentication factors reduce the ability of unauthorised individuals to access your accounts.
2. Password requirements
When creating and managing passwords for any Lingo24 system you must follow these requirements:
- Password length: no less than 12 characters
- Password complexity: your password should include an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, and one number or special character
- Password reuse: do not use the same password that you’ve used for other systems, do not reuse old or expired passwords
- Password expiry: there is no requirement to change passwords after a set period. However, passwords should be changed if you believe your account has been compromised, Lingo24 administrators ask you to change your password, or if your password has been shared with others.